BCGB Workshop Repairs Engineering Manager
To strengthen our Burckhardt Compression Service Centre in the UK we are looking for a
Workshop Repairs & Engineering Manager
The focus of the position is on managing the UK service centre activities and on providing technical support to ensure that critical components are serviced and/or repaired to the highest quality standards in time to meet our clients’ schedule for on-site servicing and overhaul of their compressors. The main requirements of the position shall include the following:
- Providing first-line technical support on Burckhardt and third party reciprocating compressors
- Planning workshop activities, resources and the associated logistics
- Project management of workshop repairs and overhauls and engineering projects, including technical and commercial completion
- Managing routine servicing of compressor valves and packing boxes including sourcing of spare parts
- Inspection and testing of completed workshop projects and stages thereof
- Developing priced estimates for component repair, revamp or workshop overhaul based on detailed inspection reports or in response to client RFQs
- Developing workshop repair procedures and specifications for outsourcing specialist repairs to sub-suppliers
- Managing spare parts inventories held in the workshop for specific clients
- Providing support to other Service department staff
You have completed at least a standard of engineering education to UK’s HND/HNC or Degree level and ideally have concluded a recognised craft apprenticeship. You have at least 7 years’ relevant mechanical equipment, machining and service environment experience. Knowledge of maintenance of reciprocating compressors and other rotating equipment and their components and auxiliary systems would be advantageous although specific other product training would be provided.
You are of a proactive and flexible nature, have a passion for customer focus, a strong service orientation and possess excellent interpersonal skills. You are of a reliable and communicative nature and have strong analytical and organizational skills. A high degree of independence, communication skills in discussions with colleagues and clients and a highly developed quality conscience are characterizing your personality. You are familiar with the following IT applications (MS-Office; SAP; CRM)
We offer you flexible working conditions, varied and independent work in a dynamic international environment and opportunities for development. Our employees appreciate the good work atmosphere. A competitive compensation package and excellent benefits are a given.
We are looking forward to receiving your application via Email to [email protected] and will gladly provide further information upon request: Daniela Grasser Tel.: +41 (0) 52 262 58 74.