Project Manager, Compressor Systems
We are seeking a Project Manager, Compressor Systems at our Waller, Texas location. This position reports to the Head of Engineering.
The Project Manager is responsible for the successful planning and monitoring of compressor systems from award to delivery to the customer. Additionally, this role is key to ensuring timely availability of deliverables, financial success of projects, compliance with specifications, providing strong focus and service to customers at all stages of the project.
Primary Job Duties Include:
- Overall responsibility for the “on time – on budget” realization of global customer projects
- Act as the main “responsible” central customer contact, initiating and participating in customer meetings
- Plan and monitor project orders via SAP (assignments, payments, costs, deadlines)
- Leads and drives multinational project teams in a matrix organization
- Commercial responsibility for the projects (invoicing, cost, cash flow, change requests, claim management, etc.)
- Overseeing and coordinating project related engineering in compliance with customer specifications
- Support site activities (installation, commissioning and closing of punch items) in coordination with the SERVICES department
- Reviewing accessory specifications for key equipment in cooperation with Quality and Purchasing
- Controlling and reducing of risks in projects (Risk-Management)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- PMP Certification and/or MBA desired
- 5 years’ experience as a project manager in an international industrial environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills, bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency using common programs (Word, Excel, SAP, MS Project)
- Ability to travel domestic and international
- Ability to pass background and drug/alcohol screen
The right candidate will be detail and goal-oriented with exceptional project management skills. This individual will work with teams and independently to drive the successful delivery of projects. Key to success will be the use of outstanding interpersonal skills to energize multinational teams for a maximized output.
Burckhardt Compression offers interesting assignments and excellent development opportunities within a diverse international environment. Our company is characterized by attractive work conditions and an open corporate culture based on clearly defined values that we live by every day.