Purchasing Agent, Compressor Systems Division
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for sourcing, negotiating terms and pricing, and purchasing of goods or services for manufacturing of Burckhardt Compression US Inc. (BCUS) products. This position reports to the Purchasing Manager, Waller, TX.
Job duties and tasks include:
- Adheres to BCUS purchasing policies, processes and procedures.
- Develop, manage, and maintain collaborative supplier relationships for key categories.
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list, clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
- Obtains purchased items by awarding orders to supplies; monitors and expedites open orders.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with supplies.
- Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Carries out warehouse and inventory control policies and procedures.
- Uses knowledge of material work planning and methods, engineering processes and procedures to coordinate product deliveries.
- Uses knowledge of machines and equipment to schedule items necessary for continual production cycles.
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in the field of Business or Supply Chain Management or equivalent work-related experience
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- 4+years related experience and/or training
- Experience with contract negotiation
- Proactive approach in execution of duties and responsibilities
- Team player
- Readiness for travel necessary, domestic and internationally (less than 20%)
- Good knowledge of market and industry and vendor database
- Project management experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of common software programs (Word, Excel, SAP, MS Project)
Burckhardt Compression offers challenging assignments and excellent development opportunities within a diverse international environment. Our company is characterized by attractive work conditions, and an open corporate culture based on clearly defined values that we live by every day.