Senior Workshop Technician – Rotating Equipment
Burckhardt Compression, a leading manufacturer of reciprocating compressors, has an excellent career opportunity for a skilled Workshop Technician, with appropriate mechanical workshop engineering skills and experience to join their UK-based customer support services department at the company’s headquarters in Bicester.
Reporting to the Workshop & Engineering Manager, successful applicants will ideally be required to have completed an appropriate craft apprenticeship, i.e. machinery maintenance with fitting & turning in addition, and have achieved at least a standard of engineering education to NVQ level 3, with at least 7 years relevant mechanical workshop experience. Knowledge of rotating equipment would be advantageous although specific company product training would be provided.
The focus of the position is on workshop servicing, repair and overhaul operations on reciprocating compressors, screw compressors, centrifuges and liquid-ring vacuum compressors/pumps which shall include the following:
- disassembly and re-assembly of rotating machinery including inspection, failure analysis, and reporting
- workshop machining, i.e. manual and CNC turning, milling, surface grinding, etc
- minor welding operations
- component strip-downs, inspection, failure analysis, and reporting
- component repairs, servicing and testing
- non-destructive testing
- final inspection and detailed measurement (including engineering sketches) of rotating machinery and components
- preparation and packing for despatch
- stock management
- general workshop duties
- liaison with the Workshop Supervisor, specialist Components Engineers, Supply Chain Manager and visiting field service technicians
- working to company QA, EOHS and administrative procedures and client operating practices
The role requires a proactive, dedicated, accurate and professional person who is willing to go the extra yard to help us provide our customers with a fast, efficient and flexible service.
The company is a world leader in reciprocating compressor technology for numerous applications. Their compressors are used in the field of oil refining, chemical and petrochemical industries, air separation, as well as gas transport and storage. The company’s worldwide service network provides a full range of customer support services from supply of quality compressor components, valve service to complete plant overhauls, and from technical support engineering to the fulfilment of extensive service contracts.