November 21, 2017 | Success Story, Refinery, Europe, Process Gas Compressor
Major Modernization of Gas Lift Compressor
A production increase and a higher system availability was requested. Burckhardt Compression took on the challenge and conducted a thorough inspection in order to issue recommendations; always with the goal to keep cost and delivery time down and reliability up!
- Upstream production increase requested a third gas lift compressor and a higher system availability (only two out of three existing compressors were in operation).
- Due to severe cylinder damage, the third compressor has been unavailable for several years. A major modernization was required.
- Additional risks due to the high concentration of H₂S (hydrogen sulfide) and hydrocarbon gases
|Type||Other brand process gas compressor||Gas||Hydrogen sulfide, methane|
|Power||709 kW / 950 hp||Suction pressure
|4 bara / 58 psia
57 bara / 826 psia
Burckhardt Compression Solution:
- Thorough inspection of the compressor and recommendation for improvements
- Reverse engineering and redesign without having the old parts or original drawings available, including the implementation of the latest technology
- Repair of several main components and upgrade to the latest technology
- New state-of-the-art Burckhardt Compression key components:
Redura® Sealing Systems and Burckhardt Poppet Valve™
- 40% lower investment costs and faster delivery time compared to a new compressor solution
- Increased reliability of compressor components by applying improved in-house developed material, resistant against H₂S contamination
- Higher availability of compressor capacity for higher flow needs
- No modifications of the foundation needed