Laby®-GI Design Features
Simple Compressor Design and Proven Technology
Remote locations, harsh seas, extreme climates, highly corrosive environments, difficult gases, customization and constraints, weight and dimensions – these are just some of the basic characteristics of offshore projects. Burckhardt Compression and the simple and robust design of the Laby®-GI Compressor accept all these challenges. The combination of simple design features and proven technology have created a compressor solution which is capable of coping with this tough offshore environment. The overall simplicity of our compressor solution results in a very short installation time, very simple operation and low and easy maintenance.
From basic mechanical maintenance up to the compressor control system, the entire concept of the Laby®-GI is designed for operation by crew members with basic mechanical skill training.
Ease of Installation
- modular, skid-mounted, single-lift packages are made for easy handling, resulting in a substantial reduction of installation time
- integrated auxiliary modules (coolers, separators, valves, piping, purge, lubrication, instrumentation)
- all sub-systems incorporated with pre-defined tie-in points
- taylor-made solutions are also available for retrofitting
Ease of Operation
- simple control concept and system
- integrated control system as part of the ship control
- very easy start-up and shut-down procedures that only requires a minimum training of the crew
Ease of Maintenance
- good accessibility to all service components
- simple mechanical maintenance procedures for reciprocating machinery can be carried out by the crew