Solutions for Fuel Gas Injection
Reciprocating compressor solutions offer best in class fuel gas control due to the insensitivity of this technology to dynamic suction or discharge pressure and mass flow changes, gas temperatures and gas composition. The Laby®-GI Compressor fuel gas solution on top of that maximizes the operation flexibility due to the use of temperature insensitive, contactless and oil-free labyrinth sealed first compressor stages, eliminating the need for gas pre-heating or compressor pre-cooling. This enables the operators to immediately startup the compressor when needed.
Laby®-GI operating time:
2 0 0 , 0 0 0
Benefits of Burckhardt Compression’s fuel gas supply solutions:
- Gas flexibility: the occurring BOG can either be used as fuel gas or it can be returned to the tanks after the optional, parallel arranged reliquefaction plant.
- Fuel flexibility: full capacity control range from 0% to 100% for optimal natural gas adjustment.
- Operational flexibility: The Laby®-GI is insensitive to parameters such as suction temperature, gas composition and suction pressure and can be operated very efficiently over a wide range of process duty parameters.
- To maximize the compressor solutions efficiency at high pressure stages, ring sealed technology is used.
- To mitigate vibrations that may damage the tank systems, the Laby®-GI Compressor solution is fully balanced and vibration free.
- Between the compressor stages, gas side streams to feed e.g. re-liquefaction, auxiliary engines or other processes, allow multi-purpose compression and eliminate individual equipment per process.
- Highest availability is provided by robust slow speed compression and high quality Swiss technology.
Burckhardt Compression offers compressor solutions that fully comply to the leading marine propulsion systems like MAN B&W ME-GI, Wärtsilä XDF, Rolls Royce/Bergen, Catterpillar/MAK and others. As your innovation partner for fuel gas supply solutions we have tremendous in-house experience in qualification and certification of our solutions with the leading marine certification societies. This includes in-house IAS (Instrumentation Automation System) expertise and required simulation capabilities.
The Prognost® condition monitoring system additionally helps the operator to plan preventive maintenance to avoid unplanned shutdowns. At that highest level of availability and reliability there is no need to install redundant fuel gas compressors on board of the gas carrier.
Solutions for BOG Handling
Gas carriers transport huge amounts of liquefied gas at low temperatures. Even though the tanks are well insulated the gas is warming up and boils off. Burckhardt Compression’s boil-off gas (BOG) compression solutions help customers to maintain the gas pressure inside the tanks within the pressure specifications by extracting the gas from the tank to feed it to the re-liquefaction plant.
Burckhardt Compressions Laby® Compressor solution for BOG handling provides the maximum operational flexibility due to:
- Temperature insensitive, contactless and oil-free labyrinth sealing technology that does not require gas pre-heating or compressor pre-cooling when starting up the compressor
- Best process controllability independent of gas pressure, gas temperature, gas composition, even in transient conditions.
- Gas tight design to eliminate gas losses to the flare and N2
Burckhardt Compression’s Laby® Compressor solutions for BOG-handling helps owners to minimize operational expenses (OPEX) by eliminating major wear parts like piston rings and packings with the result of highest availability and longest MTBO. Burckhardt Compression offers its compressor solutions as complete turn-key installations, engineered packages or bare shaft compressors.