Design Lead, Compressor Systems Division
The Design Lead develops and implements optimal, cost-effective design processes and methods in accordance with Burckhardt Compression’s global specifications and standards; provides technical product support to clients and Sales; functions as the technical link between the local and global Burckhardt Compression Design function. This position reports to the Managing Director, Waller, TX.
Job duties and tasks include:
- Improves engineering processes and methods for sizing, cost-reduction, assembly, quality, execution and efficiency of Burckhardt compression solutions.
- Ability to calculate compressor sizing using BC global programs and effectively communicate results to Sales and Clients.
- Able to communicate value, advantages and merit of Burckhardt compression technology to clients.
- Represents Burckhardt Compression US at local technical conferences and trade shows.
- Supports research, design and development projects relating to BCUS products and/or markets. Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape and arrangement of parts.
- Supports launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency. Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
- Supports development of ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System within the BCUS operation.
- Support and promote HSE (Health, Safety, and Environmental) programs.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Concession on deviation management. Uses computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs.
- Handles material review board responsibilities for product engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 5 years’ industry related experience and/or training
- 3 years’ experience with reciprocating or centrifugal compressor products.
- Past experience evaluating and testing compressor performance using analytical tools and calculations (preferably with reciprocating or centrifugal compressors).
- Six Sigma certification is a plus
- SAP knowledge is a plus
Burckhardt Compression offers challenging assignments and excellent development opportunities within a diverse international environment. Our company is characterized by attractive work conditions, and an open corporate culture based on clearly defined values that we live by every day.