Your application is the first impression we get of you, your skills and your potential. It’s important for you to reflect on your specific qualifications and to ask yourself what makes you an ideal candidate for the position you’re interested in. Ask yourself who will be reading your application and what the people at your job interview will be most interested in – and then highlight that information.
The cover letter
Use your cover letter to draw attention to specific aspects of your CV. Give us an initial impression of your personality and let us know why you are the right person for the position you’re applying for. Summarize the experience and references you offer. Guide us through your professional and academic background and outline how that qualifies you for the job you’re interested in. Indicate the date you would be available for employment. This letter of motivation should only be one or two pages long.
Your CV – precise, well structured, powerful. Think in particular about what you should first draw our attention to: Your relevant professional experience, your educational background and your specialist skills. Be succinct: Your CV should not be more than two pages long.
The following points should be covered:
- Your personal and contact details
- Your work experience (if previously employed): Begin with your current employment position, briefly summarizing your powers and duties as well as budget responsibilities and supervisory experience, if any.
- Educational background and additional training (academic and professional)
- Relevant skills and knowledge
- Personal interests (optional)
- References from previous employers, educational instructors or professors (optional)
The job interview
The job interview is an opportunity to present yourself in the best possible light and to discover whether Burckhardt Compression is the right employer for you.
- Arrive on time for the interview.
- Be well prepared.
- Ideally, you’ll have examples to give in response to questions about your past achievements.
- Don’t lose your calm, be honest and authentic, and demonstrate your motivation to be hired for this job.
- Prepare your own questions so you can find out more about the vacant position and Burckhardt Compression.