Laby®-GI Compressor – Fully Balanced Reciprocating Compressor with Highest Operational Flexibility
Through detailed cooperation with recognized marine equipment and system suppliers, and the close relationship to well known end-users in the offshore market, Burckhardt Compression has developed the Laby®-GI, a highly unique and flexible compressor solution that perfectly fits a wide range of individual customer requirements for highly demanding offshore applications.
Traditional engineering and our decades of experience are the foundation of the vertical, in-line, 6-crank, low speed reciprocating compressor. The innovative design results in a unique but highly effective, fully balanced machinery configuration.
|Compressor type||LP190 (2 to 5 stages)||LP250 (3 to 5 stages)|
|Suction pressure [bara] / [psia]||1.03 to 1.17 / 14.9 to 16.9||1.03 to 1.17 / 14.9 to 16.9|
|Discharge pressure [bara] / [psia]||up to 350 / 5’070||up to 350 / 5’070|
|Suction temperature [° C /° F]||-170 to 45 / -270 to 113||-170 to 45 / -270 to 113|
|Flow [kg/h] / [lbs/h]||4’000 to 12’000 / 8’800 to 26’400||4’000 to 16’000 / 8’800 to 35’200|
- No vibration due to elimination of unbalanced forces and moments caused by rotating masses
- Labyrinth sealing system (contact-free and non-lubricated) on piston and piston rod gland in the cryogenic area resulting in increased lifetime, reduced wear and lowest maintenance costs
- To maximize the compressor solutions efficiency at high pressure stages, ring sealed technology is used.
- Quick start-up with suction temperatures down to minus 170° C (minus 250° F)
- No pre-heating of the gas or pre-cooling of the compressor required
- Long lifetime with top performance due to in-house engineered, top quality compressor components
- No gas losses thanks to the gastight design of the crank gear· Quick and easy installation thanks to a modularized design approach
- All applied components can demonstrate many years of successful operation in LNG installations both onshore and offshore
- Highest availability is provided by robust slow speed compression and high quality Swiss technology.
- High pressure fuel gas supply for the ME-GI dual fuel propulsion system (DFDM) from MAN Diesel & Turbo with parallel reliquefaction options
- Low pressure fuel gas supply for dual fuel propulsion systems (DFDE) with parallel reliquefaction options
- Fuel gas supply for gas turbines on LNG FPSO
- Minimum send-out compressor on FSRU
- Gas processing applications, lubricated and non-lubricated
- LNG BOG
- Natural gas
- Hydrocarbon gases, such as ethylene
- Highly corrosive gases and gas mixtures, such as carbon dioxide and hydrogen sulfide