The Laby®-GI has a fully balanced design that eliminates unbalanced moments and forces, so it can be used on offshore vessels and installations. The Laby®-GI Compressor is mostly used for compression of LNG boil-off gas and it features the proven labyrinth sealing system, widely acknowledged for its extremely high reliability and unexcelled availability.
Maximized operational flexibility in boil-off gas applications is achieved due to the use of temperature insensitive, contactless and oil-free labyrinth sealed first compressor stages, eliminating the need for gas pre-heating or compressor pre-cooling. This enables the operators to immediately startup the compressor when needed.
The unique combination of labyrinth seal design and tried-and-tested Redura® ring seal technology makes Laby®-GI Compressors the solution of choice for both low-temperature and high-pressure applications.
|Compressor type||LP190 (2 to 5 stages)||LP250 (3 to 5 stages)|
|Suction pressure [bara] / [psia]||1.03 to 1.17 / 14.9 to 16.9||1.03 to 1.17 / 14.9 to 16.9|
|Discharge pressure [bara] / [psia]||up to 350 / 5’070||up to 350 / 5’070|
|Suction temperature [° C /° F]||-170 to 45 / -270 to 113||-170 to 45 / -270 to 113|
|Flow [kg/h] / [lbs/h]||4’000 to 12’000 / 8’800 to 26’400||4’000 to 16’000 / 8’800 to 35’200|
No vibration due to elimination of unbalanced forces and moments caused by rotating masses
- Labyrinth sealing system (contact-free and non-lubricated) on piston and piston rod gland in the cryogenic area resulting in increased lifetime, reduced wear and lowest maintenance costs
- To maximize the compressor solutions efficiency at high pressure stages, ring sealed technology is used.
- Quick start-up with suction temperatures down to minus 170° C (minus 250° F)
- No pre-heating of the gas or pre-cooling of the compressor required
- Long lifetime with top performance due to in-house engineered, top quality compressor components
- No gas losses thanks to the gastight design of the crank gear· Quick and easy installation thanks to a modularized design approach
- All applied components can demonstrate many years of successful operation in LNG installations both onshore and offshore
- Highest availability is provided by robust slow speed compression and high quality Swiss technology.
High pressure fuel gas supply for the ME-GI dual fuel propulsion system (DFDM) from MAN Diesel & Turbo with parallel reliquefaction options
- Low pressure fuel gas supply for dual fuel propulsion systems (DFDE) with parallel reliquefaction options
- Fuel gas supply for gas turbines on LNG FPSO
inimum send-out compressor on FSRU
- Gas processing applications, lubricated and non-lubricated
- LNG BOG
- Natural gas
- Hydrocarbon gases, such as ethylene
- Highly corrosive gases and gas mixtures, such as carbon dioxide and hydrogen sulfide