The Laby® Compressor represents unbeatable reliability and availability, thanks to its unique labyrinth sealing system on piston and piston rod gland that allows oil-free and contact-free compression. The result is an extended MTBO (meantime between overhaul), that has a positive impact on reliability and operating cost. Neither contamination of the gas by abraded material from piston rings nor hot spots from friction occur.
The Laby® Compressor is designed to compress bone-dry, dirty, abrasive, cryogenic and other gases. The gastight casing reduces gas emission and losses to the environment to zero. The sealing ring less contactless Laby® Compressor is insensitive to extreme temperature changes that occur when handling LNG boil-off gas at suction temperatures at plus 40° C (plus 104° F) down to minus 170° C (minus 250° F).
Since Laby® Compressors do not need wear parts such as piston rings piston rod packing rings this technology helps the owner to minimize OPEX costs for the compressor.
|Discharge pressure [bara] / [psia]||up to 300 / 4350||up to 120 / 1740|
|Capacity [Nm3/h] / [scfm]||up to 48’000 / 28’000||up to 15’000 / 8’800|
- Labyrinth sealing system on piston and piston rod gland
- Non-lubricated cylinder section (no oil required, no contamination of the gas)
- No contact seals required for trouble free compressor operation with dirty gas
- Lubricated piston guiding system for precise alignment and long life
- Top quality compressor valves for high reliability
- Gas tight design available up to 15 bara (suction pressure)
- Upstream oil and gas
- Gas transport and storage
- Petrochemical/Chemical industry
- Industrial gases
- Carbon dioxide
- Carbon monoxide
- Dust laden gases
- Hydrocarbon gases
- LPG BOG, LNG BOG
- Mixed gases
- Process air
- VCM (Vinyl Chloride Monomer)