Reciprocating compressors are vital for production processes in the oil & gas, petrochemical and chemical industries. They must operate 365 days per year without interruption, and must maintain a high degree of efficiency. Accidental breakdowns frequently have serious consequences, such as risks for plant safety and environmental damage, production loss, even expensive consequential damages, etc.
Using a qualified system for online condition monitoring will help prevent machine breakdowns and consequential damage.
Additionally, it is the best foundation for
- maximizing reliability
- efficiency improvement
- expansion of the meantime between overhaul
- a successful predictive maintenance strategy
Burckhardt Compression decided in favor of the condition monitoring system PROGNOST®. PROGNOST® Systems is the technological leader in Safety Protection and Online Monitoring for Rotating Equipment providing remote diagnostics with an experience of more than 25 years.
PROGNOST®-NT is an automated machinery diagnostic system incorporating safety protection and online condition monitoring. It is developed specifically for reciprocating machinery but is also used for different kinds of rotating equipment. It detects impending failures at an early stage and assigns the affected components. Operation-critical damages are avoided and maintenance measures can be performed efficiently.
Together with the worldwide leading PROGNOST® diagnostic technology, Burckhardt Compression offers its customers
- the best possible technical support
- comprehensive customized service modules, from diagnostic service to predictive maintenance to full service agreements for maximum availability
- data analysis from different compressors
- broad experience due to compressor installations in various processes
- online diagnostic Services
The PROGNOST® system fits all reciprocating compressors, e.g.
- Hyper Compressors
- Process Gas Compressors (API 618)
- Laby® (labyrinth piston) Compressors