Load Recalculation – Other Brand Hyper Compressor
July 13, 2014 | Hyper Compressor, Europe, Petrochemical/Chemical Industry, Success Story
The design and safety settings needed updates on this hyper compressor – a non-Burckhardt brand. But Burckhardt Compression engineers with their know-how and experience provided improvement recommendations to bring the compressor into a better state.
- Verify the actual operation conditions and loads on its components
- Evaluate and indicate optimized 1st and 2nd stage design for safe operation
- Define the mechanical balance between the 1st and 2nd stage, at lowest 1st stage suction pressure for each gas composition
|Type||Other brand hyper / secondary compressor||Gas||Ethylene|
|Power||2’600 kW / 3’500 hp||Suction pressure
|Speed||250 rpm||Lubrication||Forced lubrication to cylinder|
Burckhardt Compression Solution:
- Analyse the actual design and safety settings of the existing layout considering main drive maximal shaft power
- Indicating possible improvements for the re-balancing between 1st and 2nd stage provides safe operation
- Know-how and experience provided from the market leader in LDPE compressor design.
- Provide fully documented analysis and improvement recommendations
- Know the actual loads on the components and showing ways for its optimized distribution
- Optimizing the maximum flow for each operating case
- Receive the recommendation for optimized loads on the yoke and increased compressor safety.
- Increase operational safety and improve compressor performance