Major Overhaul – Hyper and Process Gas Compressor
July 15, 2014 | Europe, Petrochemical/Chemical Industry, Success Story, Process Gas Compressor, Hyper Compressor
A customer decided on the services from Burckhardt Compression for the overhaul of the booster/primary and hyper/secondary compressors for its LDPE production line. The compressors had been commissioned in 1975 and needed a thorough check-up.
- Supervision of overhaul for booster/primary and hyper/secondary compressors for LDPE, commissioned in 1975
- Refurbishment of the main drives
- Local references and language (Spanish) to be respected
|Type||Other brand booster/primary and hyper/secondary compressor||Gas||Thylene|
|Power||5’000 kW / 6700 hp||Suction pressure
|230 barg / 3’330 psia
2’550 barg / 37’000 psia
|Speed||211 rpm||Lubrication||Forced lubrication to cylinder|
Burckhardt Compression Solution:
- Analysis of the state of the booster/primary and hyper/secondary compressors
- Detailed resource planning for efficient execution and on time finalization of the overhaul
- Comprehensive know-how and experience provided from the market leader in LDPE compressor design
- Professional supervision leading the maintenance team regarding spare parts refurbishing, replacement and re-commissioning of compressors
- Professional overall planning and manpower allocation for the overhaul activities.
- Project planning and execution respecting the local language and culture
- Efficient execution and on time finalization of the overhaul for dependable continuation of the plant production.
- Successful re-start of the LDPE production line